Saturday, February 7, 2009

Shopping!




I like to think that I do some things reasonably well. But I'm loathe to say I do anything extremely well... except shopping. With absolutely no hesitation, I can say that I am a 100% awesome shopper. And I can never stop shopping!!

On our last morning in New Orleans, I fell prey. The day before I'd seen some really cute dresses in a store window, so on the way back from Central Grocery, I convinced Kaii to go back with me. (Oh no! See this is where the problem is -- in the looking. Just. Don't. Look.)

After about 10 minutes, Kaii ended up leaving me there and huffing back to the hotel because we were about to miss our checkout time and I was... too busy looking at the racks of Velvet, Christopher Deane and Tracy Reese, plus Gryson and Olivia Harris bags and shoes by Giuseppe Zanotti and Manolo. Yes, this magical store, called UAL, specialized in brand-new designer clothes at wholesale prices. Amazing!! I told the nice girls there that if I lived in town, I'd probably come by every week. It's true. I tried on some really cute Christopher Deane dresses (knocked down to $59), but in the end, rushed home empty-handed.

Seriously, I recommend this place if you're ever down South! They apparently have locations in Tennessee and Mississippi too. Here's the New Orleans address:

UAL (United Apparel Liquidators, Inc)
518 Chartres Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
504-301-4437
www.myspace.com/ualfashion

No comments: