Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Carriage Tour!



Yay, I fell prey to being a total tourist and taking one of those tours in a horse-drawn carriage. What? Look, it's not like it was Valentine's Day or something.

Well, before we would part with our money, we made the nice tour operator tell us exactly how we'd be getting our money's worth.

"So, do you learn stuff on this tour?"

"Oh yes, it's fully narrated. You learn all sorts of great trivia."

"Like what?"

"Like... did you know the closest relative to Spanish moss is the pineapple?"

I am such a nerd that this completely sold me.

Hey, we did learn a bunch of cool stuff! Like, something else weird about Spanish moss - don't touch it. It will give you chiggers, which are little critters that burrow under your skin and make you break out. I had touched some earlier, but I guess I'm OK. Unless they incubate. Just kidding!

Everything we saw turned out to be sights we'd already seen, but a lot of the explanations were new. All in all, worth it.

Here's our Belgian horse, Hank! The view off the back of the carriage is of Jones Street, proclaimed by House & Garden to be one of the Top 10 prettiest streets in America.

No comments: