Monday, July 12, 2010

Walking Over the Manhattan Bridge

Chef K's friend Derek was in town a few weekends ago, so we spent a leisurely morning and afternoon browsing both the Brooklyn Borough Hall and Union Square Greenmarkets, then lunching at Pain Quotidien. By the time we finally split up, I was hungry again, so Chef K and I walked down to Ippudo for an early dinner before heading home. It was such a nice evening, though, that we just kept walking and walking and walking... until it didn't really make any sense to get on the subway at all. 

Just as we started getting to Chinatown, Chef K suggested we walk home over the Manhattan Bridge. Though I moaned and whined in the beginning, I was really happy we did. It was a first for me (in nine years of living in NYC!), and quite the treat. The view of graffiti-ed buildings, so colorful; the river with a beautiful sunset, the Brooklyn Bridge and our home in the distance; and the throaty rumble of the train nearby all reminded me of why I love this city so much.







No comments: