Saturday, July 24, 2010

Revisiting the Frying Pan

A long, long time ago, in my wild days of youth (just kidding), I went to the Frying Pan once or twice. All I can remember is that it was really packed, all the time, but hey, during the summer it's hard to beat a two-story barge floating in the Hudson, with a 360-degree bar and the sunset in the background.

A couple days ago, Andrew, a fellow intern at Martha Stewart, where I'm working this summer, suggested we go for happy hour someplace close by. "How about the Frying Pan?" I guess it'd been so long since I'd gone that I didn't really have any idea where it was. Imagine my surprise when I realized it's right across the highway from Martha HQ -- we have the perfect aerial view from the West windows!

Despite the horrendous crowds, it didn't disappoint. Andrew and I sat at a tiny table on the Northern side and had a couple beers looking back toward the city (that's our building there below) -- and at one point, some kayak polo players. It was a beautiful summer evening.



No comments: