Friday, August 13, 2010

San Francisco, Part 2: The Food!

One thing I am definitely looking forward to with this West Coast move, all my misgivings aside, is... the awesome West Coast produce!! I got just a little taste of it on this recent trip when my friends Steph and Ping, who were kind enough to let me stay with them in Sunnyvale for the weekend (and use all their paper to print out copies of my credit report, ha ha), took me to the Mountain View farmer's market on Saturday morning. After growing to love the admittedly rather tiny market at Borough Hall in Brookyn, this was like hitting the big leagues. At least three rows of stalls, with about 20 stalls per row, greeted us, and I immediately went weak-kneed for the fruit samples -- my god, it was like I had NEVER tasted a peach before! Or a strawberry! It was incredible. I had to rush onto the Caltrain into the city, but not before buying two delectable, altogether perfect white peaches to eat on the way. Steph and Ping bought three pints of strawberries, which we enjoyed later as well.





The other thing I'm really looking forward to in SF is... awesome Asian food!! This particular weekend, Steph and Ping took me to Orenchi, a ramen shop in Sunnyvale, and Fatima, a Muslim-Chinese restaurant in Cupertino, where I had "knife-shaved" beef noodle soup:


Yeah!

No comments: